Sunday, June 3, 2012

Who Writes The News?

A lot of people write the news.  These days, I dabble in the profession as I occasionally publish trending news articles on a news website which is in the top 1,500 websites in the United States (according to Alexa).  We certainly pull some considerable traffic volume which makes writing somewhat entertaining as a large audience often reads my publications and offers commentary, insight, and what are often ridiculous perspectives on current issues.

I believe that when writing the news, one is essentially serving the public and when doing so, one should always leave their bias at the door.  It's best to provide the facts and nothing more as this allows for the audience to assimilate the facts and come to their own logical conclusions.  On that note, the facts are often shy of being what they claim as they prove temporal as stories break.  Take it all in with a grain of sand, question every source, and you should be able to discern reality from fiction.

If you happen to find yourself writing as a profession, be sure to acquire the appropriate technology and furniture to accommodate your occupation.  An ergonomic keyboard, mouse, and chair are often key ingredients to creating a comfortable work environment.  Floor mats, footrests, keyboard and mouse trays, monitor mounts, and more are all a necessity to me and I have allocated thousands upon thousands of dollars towards acquiring the aforementioned products.  Those who refrain from acquiring such technologies of comfort will likely regret their decision as back, neck, shoulder, knee, hand, and other problems often come with the occupation.  Beware of carpal tunnel syndrome.  Do plenty of hand exercises and such to prevent your hands from becoming crippled with the pain of CTS.

Carpal Tunnel Exercises Video:


Right now, I'm writing all of this while sitting in my extremely comfortable Aeron chair by Herman Miller (I rock the size C a.k.a. the large as I'm over 6' tall).  Not only that, I'm typing away on my ergonomic keyboard, the Kinesis Freestyle with VIP accessory kit.  The keyboard is essentially broken into two halves and takes some getting used to, but, it's definitely worth buying if you're a keyboard cowboy like myself.

Kinesis Freestyle Keyboard Video:


What is the news?

No comments:

Post a Comment